Why is it prescribed?
Cefazolin can be used to treat many types of infections including certain types of pneumonia
Products that have this ingredient include •Cefazolin Injection •
See other drugs used in the treatment of •pneumonia •
Side effects may include:
- diarrhea, nausea, vomiting
- stomach cramps, loss of appetite
- rash, itching
- pain, tenderness or a hardened mass at the injection site
- vaginal and anal itching
Cefazolin is a cephalosporin antibiotic which kills certain types of bacteria. This information will discuss its use in pneumonia.
Do not use Cefazolin:
- you have had an allergic reaction to cefazolin or other cephalosporin antibiotics
Use cefazolin with caution if you:
- have had an allergic reaction to penicillins
- have a history of bowel disease, particularly colitis
- have gallbladder problems
- have kidney problems
Safety in pregnancy: Cefazolin is considered compatible with pregnancy
Safety in breastfeeding: Cefazolin is considered compatible with breatfeeding.