SHRF 2023-2024 Align Grant Now Open for Applications!
Applications to this funding opportunity must address each of the following three objectives:
- Increase research relevance, coordination, and potential for impact by:
- Enabling development and engagement of robust interdisciplinary research teams, including stakeholders outside academia, AND/OR;
- Providing funding to complete activities that shape research to align with the Saskatchewan context and respond to Saskatchewan needs.
- Increase quality and success of Saskatchewan applications to peer-reviewed funding competitions at the regional (e.g.; western Canadian- minimum two provinces), national and international level, as well as to SHRF.
- Support the development of Saskatchewan research and health professional trainees through opportunities to gain experience in collaborative team building and engagement outside academia, co-development of research questions and approaches, and other research and professional skills related to proposed activities.
Amount: up to $10,000. Values requested must be reflective of a justified and fiscally responsible budget and in balance with the expected deliverables and outcomes of the proposed activities.
Term: 1 year
Purpose: Enable a diverse and connected research community in Saskatchewan that is well-positioned to receive peer-reviewed funding and conduct impactful research aligned with Saskatchewan needs.
Focus Area(s): There are two calls for Align Grants. One call is focused on the area of Child and Youth Health in preparation for the Solutions Program Focus Area. More information at https://www.shrf.ca/cyh.
The other call is an open call for applications in any area of human health.
Information Webinar: February 9, 2022, 12 p.m. CST
Open Call Focus Area Deadline: March 28, 2023
Child & Youth Health Focus Area Deadline: April 13, 2023
Funding Start Date: May, 2023
Find full details here: https://www.shrf.ca/align
Program Contact: Karen Tilsley (firstname.lastname@example.org)