The 2019 Annual Report for the Lung Association of Saskatchewan is now out and easily viewable via our website.
We had a busy year here at the Lung Association, Saskatchewan, and accomplished so much, thanks to the generous support of our donors, board members, volunteers, and staff. In late spring, Our CEO, moved on for family and alternate professional reasons. Despite this, senior management and staff ensured all of our mission activities continued and we had one of our most successful years yet.
Thanks to the efforts of volunteers and staff we held some very memorable events and realized new milestones such as:
- The reunion at Fort Qu'Appelle Sanatorium.
- Youth4Change Action Initiative and new government legislation on vaping.
- A major public awareness campaign with Radon thanks to the support of local Breathe Ambassadors and other Lung Association partners.
- Our RESPTREC Education online portal that supports thousands of health care practitioners in improving care in the areas of respiratory health continued to grow.
- Our commitment to funding research in lung health in Saskatchewan continued to grow thanks to our partnership with the Saskatchewan Health Research Foundation.
- The sale of the Lung Association building, which has been home to staff and volunteers for more than 40 years.
These are just some of the milestones we achieved this year. Read more about them and what else we accomplished in 2019 in our Annual Report.